Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith Bamberger 26 posts 106 karma points
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 14:20
    Keith Bamberger

Umbraco 4.7.2 - Public Access

Hi, 

Im having a problem with Public Access. I have upgraded from 4.5.2 to 4.7.2 and now i cant get the public access to work. 

The page still works in the 4.5.2 version, so i know it works, but now what happens is, when i try to log in it just doesnt remove the login control.

Ive tested both single user and role based, but after supplying the correct username/password i just dont get "logged in" and the login control remains visible. If i try a password that is incorrect, i get an error message, so it looks like validation takes place (No message if correct), but i just never get to the pages after "logging in".

I see no errors in application log or umbraco log.

Has anyone seen this before?

/Keith

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2013 @ 19:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Keith

Are you using some custom code to handle the login? If so please post it so we can see if the problem lies in the code or not. That's they only thing I can think of right now.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Mar 13, 2013 @ 08:24
    Keith Bamberger

Hi Jan, i tried both variants, an own usercontrol used in a macro with "custom code" (which i should say is not even worth printing here, its only 1 line, and its doing nothing special, it will do later but for now its not doing anything) and with the login control straight into a template (Just like the umbraco tv example). 

Any ideas where i can see a more detailed log of whats happening?

/Keith

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 13, 2013 @ 20:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Keith

That's really odd - have you had a look in the umbracoLog table to see if that provides any usefull information that could be of interest?

/Jan

Mar 14, 2013 @ 11:43
    Keith Bamberger

Hi Jan, yep i have checked in there, but see nothing. Its almost as if the whole step is bypassed?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft