Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Iain Ogston 11 posts 31 karma points
    Mar 14, 2013 @ 12:53
    Iain Ogston

User Permissions editing - No content tree shown

Environment: Umbraco 4.9.1 installed on Windows 2008 R2, IIS 7.5.  Umbraco manual installation guide followed to the letter.  Application Pool account has FULL permissions to the WebRoot.

Problem:  I am trying to manage user permissions when logged in as my admin user.  In the left panel treeview I see all expected Users, User Types and all users are shown under User Permissions.  Clicking on a user under the User Permissions node opens the "User permission" pane in the right panel, but with the section under "Select pages to modify their permissions" blank and empty.  The page generates a javascript error:

Timestamp: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:50:27 UTC

Line: 2
    Char: 31006
    Code: 0
    URI: http://site.domain.com/DependencyHandler.axd?s=

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this environment to cause the problem?

[UPDATE:  Cross browser testing shows that IE8 encounters this javascript error, whilst Firefox (latest) does not and correclty shows the content tree.  Is a matrix of supported browsers for each Umbraco release available since it seems that 4.9.1 and IE8 are not compatible (unless there is a settings issue)]

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2013 @ 01:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Iain

When you made your installation did you then use the built in uncompress function in windows? If so remember to unblock the zip file since some files can be missing if it's not done.

If it was done...then try going to the App_Data/Temp/ClientDependency folder and delete this folder. If that does not help try going to the /config/ClientDependency.config file and increment the version number.

If this does not help can you then tell us what language your user is setup to be using? Is it another language than english? If so there might be missing some language files if I remember correctly.

Hope some of the above helps :)

/Jan

Mar 15, 2013 @ 09:13
    Iain Ogston

OK I will do some more investigation.  I now have two Umbraco instances on the same server, one of which is functional and one which is not.

I will diff files, and try connecting both to same DB etc to work out what my issue is.

Mar 15, 2013 @ 15:20
    Iain Ogston

SOLVED:

Installing Umbraco 4.9.1 with uComponents 5.2.0 causes this issue.  The user permissions page will not function with this installed combination.

uComponents was provided as part of the install ZIP from a third party vendor (I was told there were "no dependencies" so didn't look at packages nor mention this in original post - apologies!).

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2013 @ 14:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Iain

Good to hear you managed to figure it out. I'm just a bit puzzled that there is an issue since 5.x should be compatible with uComponents according to this matrix http://ucomponents.org/compatibility/

Don't know if this should be reported to uComponents as a bug perhaps?

/Jan

Mar 25, 2013 @ 10:33
    Iain Ogston

Jan

This uComponents issue is unlikely to be fixed for legacy browsers.  See this other thread for more detail on what caused the problem (specific to Internet Explorer 8)

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/ucomponents/questionssuggestions/39417-Cannot-manage-user-permissions-in-IE-8-atfer-installing-uComponents?p=0#comment143924

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft