Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tatiana Vassilieva 18 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 18, 2013 @ 05:43
    Tatiana Vassilieva

Create new classes in UI CSS?

[Using 4.9.1]

From the umbraco_client/ui/default.css the .umbEditorTextFieldMultiple class is applicable to both the richtext editor and the textstring multiple (and now that I've added it, the 'char limit textarea' datatype too)... What file/code in responsible for allocating the css class to those datatypes??
    I want to find the datatype display settings and customise them.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 18, 2013 @ 18:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tatiana

What is your reason for wanting to change these classes?

I think you should be carefull about modifying the Umbraco UI...if you for instance are going to upgrade the installation at one point then the changes you're currently making will be lost since they're most like being overwritten and then you would have to do it all over again.

But let's hear why you want to do it - perhaps there is another way around it? :)

/Jan

• Tatiana Vassilieva 18 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 19, 2013 @ 00:41
    Tatiana Vassilieva

I want the textarea to look different in Content depending on the datatype; changing what CSS class is used isn't going to break anything (it's just overriding col/rows to set a fixed box size). I just have no idea of where the actual datatype display is created for the UI...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2013 @ 14:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tatiana

Using a browser inspector tool I suposse you should be able to see the path to the CSS files unless it's all packaged up using a handler. Otherwise try searching the umbraco_client folder for id's or classes that you find using the inspector tool.

I know that overriding the classes won't break anything. That's all good. What I'm saying is that if you upgrade the installation sometime then you will need to make the exact same changes once again since the umbraco_client folder is usually being overriden when you do and upgrade.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft