Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John G 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 13:26
    John G

uComponents_5.4.1 : Could not load type 'umbraco.editorControls

I installed uComponents_5.4.1 in Umbraco V 4.7 but I cannot open or load any file now or even login to Umbraco as it generates the error below.

I also cannot uninstall the uComponents as I can’t login. Deleting the uComponents Dlls from the bin folder doesn’t help either.

How do I get rid of the error or how to I completely remove uComponents considering that I cannot login to Umbraco due to the error?

Error:

Could not load type 'umbraco.editorControls.ResourceExtensions' from assembly 'umbraco.editorControls, Version=1.0.4393.24047, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.editorControls.ResourceExtensions' from assembly 'umbraco.editorControls, Version=1.0.4393.24047, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.editorControls.ResourceExtensions' from assembly 'umbraco.editorControls, Version=1.0.4393.24047, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
       uComponents.UI.uComponentsModule.IncludeScripts(Page page, Func`2 filter) +0
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 16:13
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

It's probably because uComponents v5 is not supported in Umbraco 4.7 as you can see in this support matrix here http://ucomponents.org/compatibility/

Did you take a backup before installing?

/Jan

• John G 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 16:18
    John G

Hi Jan

Thanks for the reply. I realised that after I had already installed it but I reverted to a backup and its working fine now.  many thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2013 @ 16:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Good to hear that it all did not get messed up! :)

Have a nice weekend.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft