Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sotiris Mastrandrikos 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 26, 2013 @ 16:18
    Sotiris Mastrandrikos

Max child nodes in content section

I use  nodes that need to hold over 250-300 child nodes. The problem I met is tha under the expanded parent node i can see no more than 100 of the child nodes. Is there a way of changing this? Thanks in advance!

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Mar 26, 2013 @ 17:03
    Tom Fulton

Hi Sotiris,

I've not heard of this behavior.  Are you saying in the backend tree it only shows the first 100 items?  What version of Umbraco are you using?  If you right-click the parent and click Sort do you see all the missing nodes?

-Tom

• Sotiris Mastrandrikos 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 27, 2013 @ 08:27
    Sotiris Mastrandrikos

Hi Tom, 

thank you for your quick reply. Last nigtht I installed the same project on an actual server (as I was working in a virtual pc) and worked like a charm! It was probably a virtual pc malfunction. The only thing I really need now is to reverse the order of the child nodes and have the latest one at the top of the list.. My version of umbraco is 4.11.3.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Apr 01, 2013 @ 18:28
    Tom Fulton

Hi Sotiris,

Sorry for the delay.  Not sure if you already figured this out, but a quick way to do that is to open the Sort dialog, then click the header of the "Created" column twice to sort descending, and click Save.

Also, you could always do your sorting in the front-end regardless of how they appear in the back-end.  Not sure if that's important to you or not.

You can also use the Document Sorter package if you want to have nodes sorted automatically and keep the order up to date as new nodes are created.

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft