Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• CASTELLI 23 posts 76 karma points
    Apr 24, 2013 @ 09:29
    CASTELLI

Nested member groups or Member hierarchy

Hi, I'm trying here to build a hierarcy in my members so that I can manage page access depending on the member level.I've tried doing that with the member groups but it is not enough as I need in fact a two dimensional hierarchy. The site is an extranet for the company as well as our franchise shop employees. We have 5 different brands in our franchise. These 5 I have created as member groups and already allow me to filter page access according to the brand the shop belongs to. Now I need to implement a shop hierarchy as follow (franchise member - Shop Director - Shop Employee).How can I build that 2nd member dimension in Umbraco (ideally V6) so that I can filtered the page according to both the brand and the shop level ? Some pages for instance would only be allowed to franchise A members and thus denied to all director and employee levels.Thank you for your help

• Francesc Castells 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 09:38
    Francesc Castells

Hi, did you find a solution for this? I'm in a similar situation. For now, I think I can get away by creating several member groups in a flat structure, like in your case it'd be

• Franchise A member
    • Franchise A Shop Director
    • Franchise A Shop Employee
    • Franchise B member

and a member can belong to more than one group: a director would be belong to Franchise A member and Franchise A Shop Director. A member could even be Shop Director of several Franchises.

Would that work for you? Please let me know if you found a better solution.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft