Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Brookes 34 posts 57 karma points
    Apr 29, 2013 @ 12:04
    Richard Brookes

Create Node Returns 404

I have a site using 4.90. When I right click on certain nodes and choose create instead of seeing the create dialog I see a 404 message. The strange thing is that this only occurs for a small number of nodes in my site. The vast majority work fine and I can create sub nodes with no problem.

I can create sub nodes for any node by using the create button above the content tree and navigating to the desired node. The error only occurs when using right click, create.

I have checked the folder permissions and everything seems fine there. 

I looked in Fidler to see the url that was generating the 404 for example

http://mysite.com/umbraco/create.aspx?nodeId=1127&nodeType=content&nodeName=Manufacture%20&%20Materials&rnd=86&rndo=87

If I paste this into the browser I see the 404 message but if I remove everything after the nodename querystring parameter e.g

http://mysite.com/umbraco/create.aspx?nodeId=1127&nodeType=content ;

the page is found

I cannot identify a pattern as to which nodes generate the error and which are fine.

Any help appreciated

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 29, 2013 @ 15:52
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hey,

Is it a certain doctype that will result in the error when creating new nodes ?

Dave

• Richard Brookes 34 posts 57 karma points
    Apr 30, 2013 @ 12:00
    Richard Brookes

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the reply. No this is (one of) the strange thing(s). As I said I am at a loss to find a pattern, Some nodes with the same doc type are fine whilst others result in the error. When I noticed that the nodename query string parameter seems to cause the issue I thought maybe there were some protected characters in the node name causing the issue e.g. & or space etc but I have examples where it works with these characters in the name and others where it fails when there are no suspect characters. If I could identify the pattern I would be half way to solving the issue.

Cheers

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Sep 12, 2013 @ 02:57
    skiltz

Any update on this?  Seems to happen to me when I have an & in the nodeName.  Funny thing is is works on my dev machine when moved to product I am getting a 404.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft