Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• hssdev 5 posts 25 karma points
    May 04, 2013 @ 20:34
    hssdev

creating a url prefix

Hi there,

I made a site in umbraco many years ago (4.0.4.1 version) and I have a content node under /members/kickboxer which generates urlhttp://.../ikckboxer.aspx and then i have a different doc type for news stories.  I have made a news story news/kickboxer which also generates the same url as the first example and show the content of the member and not the news story.

How can i create a url prefix so that /members/kickboxer.aspx is different than /news/kickboxer.aspx, any info gratefully received :)

Also, get message when log in to upgrade to version 6, is this a relatively painless process or not?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    May 05, 2013 @ 19:13
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

If you place your top-level nodes under a Homepage node, this should happen automatically.  So like this:

Content
      Home
        News
          Kickboxer
        Members
          Kickboxer

You'll automatically get /news/kickboer.aspx and /members/kickboxer.aspx as Umbraco ignores the top-level nodes from the URL path.  You might also be able to disable it by changing the `umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath` setting in your web.config file.

RE: Upgrading - You're on a pretty old Umbraco version, so my biggest concern would be compatibility with any packages you are using.  Do you have a lot?  To upgrade I'd recommend going to 4.5, then 4.7.2 or 4.8.1, then to the latest 4.11.x

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft