Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• nima 18 posts 38 karma points
    May 07, 2013 @ 14:04
    nima

Permission to specific nodes in Settings section

Hi,  

My users need to have acess to Settings -> StyleSheets in order to define styles for TinyMce but I don't want them to be able to modify document types and templates.  

Is there a way to let them see Settings section but only StylSheets node?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 07, 2013 @ 22:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nima

Currently it is not possible to provide access to only the stylesheet folder in the settings section.

Another way around this could be to make it possible for the users to upload stylesheets on a certain document type instead and then fetch the uploaded file and place it after the default stylesheet to make sure it overrides the default styling (if it's something like that you have in mind).

/Jan

May 07, 2013 @ 23:41
    nima

Hi Jan,

I have a style sheet that is used in TinyMce and I want the user to be able to modify it:

I can have them upload the css file but then what? Do you mean I should parse the style and update cmsStylesheet and cmsStylesheetProperty tables?

Thanks a lot

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    May 08, 2013 @ 14:08
    Mike Chambers

You could add a custom section, and move style sheets to that section, allowing your users access to the section..

you just need to change the config/trees.config file, recycle your app, and then you should be able to add the user you want to access the new section and thus they have access to the stylesheets?

May 08, 2013 @ 21:40
    nima

Thanks Mike that realy helped.  

You must also change config/applications.config to create your new section.

Now I have my new section with only StyleSheets tree but there is a permission problem:

If the users have permission to settings then they can also see settings section which I didn't want.

Any suggestions?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft