Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shine 43 posts 83 karma points
    May 10, 2013 @ 08:23
    shine

want add media file into the richtexteditor

Hello friends

I want to add media file in my richtext editor how can i do that?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2013 @ 08:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shine

When you edit your text there is an image button in the toolbare, which you can click. This opens a dialogue where you can choose an image from the media section. You can also choose to upload an image if you have not yet uploaded it to the media archive.

Once you have chosen the image click "insert" and the image will be inserted into your text. Remember to hit "Save and publish" to make the image visible on your website.

If you don't see the image-button, then please post a screendump of the options you see. It can be that the button has been disabled in your editor for some reason then.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

May 10, 2013 @ 08:44
    shine

hello jan

thanks for the quick reply but i want to add mp3 file in my richtexteditor is that possible?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    May 10, 2013 @ 08:58
    Rich Green

Hey Shine,

Why would you want to add an MP3 file to a RichTextEditor? Why don't you have a separate Upload property on your DocType instead?

RIch

May 10, 2013 @ 09:00
    shine

but i want to use it only one page so if i put into doc type its show into all the property

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 10, 2013 @ 09:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shine

Ok, so if you need to pick only 1 file you could create a macro based on Razor or XSLT with a parameter of "mediaCurrent" on it.

Then you can make it possible to insert the macro into the Rich Text editor and during the insert one will need to choose the desired file.

This means you'll need to take care of rendering the output of the macro of course. So do you just need to make it possible to download the file or should it be possible to play it directly from the website?

/Jan

May 10, 2013 @ 11:13
    shine

I would like to do embeded audio file in my richtext editor

May 10, 2013 @ 11:14
    shine

I would like to do embeded audio file in my richtext editor

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft