Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• FarmFreshCode 225 posts 422 karma points
    May 22, 2013 @ 20:51
    FarmFreshCode

Send To Publish Notification with Highlighted Changes

We have writers updating failry detailed DocTypes (29 different dataTypes). Upon clicking "Send to Publish" we receive an email notifying us of the action and then a full list of all the data... However there is nothing to indicate what has been changed on the page. Manually comparing the old version to the new is very time consuming due to the nature of the page's content.

Is there a solution out there that highlights the UPDATED content on the page and allows us to quickly review and approve the changes?

Currently using v4.8

Thank you!

• Mike Chambers 635 posts 1252 karma points c-trib
    May 24, 2013 @ 10:18
    Mike Chambers

Can you use the rollback in umbraco...

eg once the email is recieved... click edit to get to the umbraco admin interface, now right click the item in the content tree and choose rollback, you can then selecte the most recently achived revision and see the difference in the node.

You don't have to commit to rolling back, just cancel.. but you can use this to see a visual representation of what has changed?

• FarmFreshCode 225 posts 422 karma points
    May 24, 2013 @ 13:35
    FarmFreshCode

Good morning Mike,
    Thanks for your reply. I gave your suggestion a try as soon as I got in the office today. This would work. However I would consider this a "work around". Still worthy of a HIGH FIVE because I hadn't thought of it but not really a solution.

If a users sets their status to be notified based on "UPDATE" then I would really expect to be sent an email that highlights the updated information, especially since that changed data is available inside the rollback section. Why not just send the email with this information so that I can immediately see the UPDATE that was made?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft