Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Davide Oliva 35 posts 199 karma points
    May 25, 2013 @ 08:57
    Davide Oliva

form tags

hi there, dear fellows.
    I would like to ask your advice about a trouble that I have in a website that uses umbraco 4.7.2.

Currently the asp:LoginView control is shown in the header of the website, so the users can know if they are logged in and can logout from every page of the website, thus in the master template just below the <body> tag there is a tag <form runat="server">.

The problem is: I would like to show also a search form in the header of website, but I can't because of the impossibility of nesting of form tag.
    Someone of you has an advice about solving this problem?

I'm sorry for my english, I hope that this post can be clearly understandable.
    Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

Davide

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 25, 2013 @ 10:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Davide

The above question makes perfect sense.

So the search that you want to implement will it also be based on a user control or do you wish to implement it using XSLT for instance?

There are some different hacks/workarounds to make this work even though the code is wrapped inside the server form. So please let us know a bit more about how you want to implement the search function and then let's get into the details afterwards.

/Jan

• Davide Oliva 35 posts 199 karma points
    May 27, 2013 @ 10:49
    Davide Oliva

Hi Jan,

We would like to use XSLTSearch, because of our needs which are rather limited.

Do you have any suggestions for us?

Thank you very much.

Davide.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft