Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meredith 10 posts 31 karma points
    Sep 15, 2009 @ 19:35
    Meredith

tinyMCE Link styles

Hello there, I am very new to umbraco and am hoping someone can help, even if it is just to let me know that I am overlooking something simple.

I am transitioning our site to umbraco and setting up the main stylesheet and editor styles.  Almost everything seems to be working properly and the styles are applied in the editor and on the published site correctly.  However, when when inserting an internal link via the rich text editor, the css is not applied, they always appear with the standard blue underline in the editor.  The published site is fine, the css is applied correctly, it is only in the editor that the links appear unstyled.  I have tested this on two separate installations of umbraco - one a default runway installation and the problem happens on both.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Sep 15, 2009 @ 20:20
    Chris Koiak

Have a look at (inspect) the element via Firebug. This will allow you so see why a style is being overridden, you may have to add a more specific selector.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2009 @ 20:37
    Dirk De Grave

Could this be due to the fact that a local link has a special syntax in the rte and can't be styles accordingly? (Just a wild guess here) Firebug could indeed help you pinpointing the issue.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 15, 2009 @ 22:13
    Meredith

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Thanks for the suggestions.  I did take a look at it in Firebug, and the strange thing is that it says the correct styles should be applying in the editor, but they just aren't visible.  I thought too that maybe the local link syntax might have something to do with it - that is the only thing that is different between the internal and external links that I can see.

After much fussing, I decided to test this in IE6 and Chrome, and neither of them have the problem.  The editor shows all the styles perfectly in those, but not in Firefox (3.5.3).  Any ideas?

Thanks! ~Meredith

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Sep 15, 2009 @ 23:26
    Dan

This might help (help explain, if not resolve completely): http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=17791

Sep 16, 2009 @ 00:16
    Meredith

Thanks Dan, that was very informative, although as you suspected I wasn't able to resolve the problem, but it is a small one and doesn't affect the output.  Thanks for the information.

~Meredith

Sep 16, 2009 @ 18:27
    Meredith

I corrected the editor/css issue and thought I would put the resolution here in case anyone else runs into this and is as clueless as I am :)

Firefox designmode overrides the site CSS unless !important is added to the selector property ie: a {color: #red !important;}.  Also, you need to make sure to clear or bypass the firefox cache before the change will be visible.

Thanks again Dan - you pointed me to the perfect resource.

~Meredith

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft