Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wouter Dewispelaere 5 posts 47 karma points
    May 29, 2013 @ 00:05
    Wouter Dewispelaere

Remove data from Umbraco.config

Hi guys,

We are currently experiencing an issue with the umbraco.config file.
    It seems the XML data for deleted nodes is still in here, which now creates an issue if I use xpath to get some quick data.
    Is there a way to make sure the umbraco.config file deletes this data, or something else I can do (other then deleting the whole file)?

Thanks,

WD

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 29, 2013 @ 18:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Wouter

Sounds like there might be a permission issu...the file should be updated once you delete nodes in the backoffice. But perhaps there there are issues with writing to the file perhaps? Do you see any usefull information in the umbracoLog table or simply in the log files in app_data/logs if you're using umbraco 4.10+?

/Jan

• Wouter Dewispelaere 5 posts 47 karma points
    May 29, 2013 @ 22:48
    Wouter Dewispelaere

Hi Jan,

thanks for the response.

Not sure if it would be permission related. If I republish a specific node, the data in umbraco.config gets updated without a problem. It just seems that some deleted nodes aren't removed from the file. Maybe I should have mentioned the nodes where deleted using the API and not in the interface. Would this be an issue?

Haven't found anything yet in the umbracoLog table. Also, this is an older 4.7.2 Umbraco, so no other logging ...

I have found a work around for now, so the site runs without it being a huge issue, but I find it strange and wonder if other data might not get updated, or old data might cause issues.

Kind regars,

WD

Jun 01, 2013 @ 19:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Wouter

Ok, in that case it would be nice if you share the code you're using so it's possible to pinpoint where you might need to do things differetnly.

Are you making sure that you refresh the xml cache once the node has been deleted?

/Jan

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jun 02, 2013 @ 20:29
    Charles Afford
    Jun 02, 2013 @ 22:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Charlie

Not quite sure I get your question? 

I'm just wondering if it may be neccesary to update the XML cache using the API when deleting nodes programatically. Having a look at the old API's for V4 it does not seem like it though - I'm just checking here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Management/Documents/ however I don't think it will hurt to add 

umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(d.Id);

to the end of the code to see if it helps.

/Jan

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jun 02, 2013 @ 22:18
    Charles Afford

Soory, i am not sure why that was posted in there :/.  I have removed it now :).  Sorry.  Charlie.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft