Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric 12 posts 32 karma points
    May 30, 2013 @ 21:40
    Eric

Tiny MCE Richtext Editor changing my images

I'm using Tiny MCE's Richtext Editor to display some content on my site. I click the Insert/Edit Images button, and select the image I want from the media section. That all looks and works fine. After I publish for the first time, I look at the richtext editor and see that the image in Umbraco has been replaced by a random image from the Media Section (the same exact one every time). I publish again, and the image on the site changes to the random image. Another strange thing is, after the first publish, I highlight the image that has just been changed, and I click the Insert/Edit Images button the path changes to the random image, but the dimensions are still from the old image (the correct one that I was trying to publish). If I publish again, the dimensions change to the random image's dimensions. 

I've looked at the datatype for the Richtext Editor and it seems to be fine. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? It is a very strange issue...

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 30, 2013 @ 21:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

Strange issue indeed.

Can you tell us a bit more about the Umbraco version you're using and have other developers been involved in building this site etc.?

/Jan

• Eric 12 posts 32 karma points
    May 30, 2013 @ 21:50
    Eric

Hi Jan,

Sure! I'm using Umbraco v6.0.2. Yes there are two other developers in my office that have been involved in building this site also. They had no idea about this issue either... :/ 

Another thing I noticed is if I edit any of the images, for instance link or unlink any of them, they change to that same random image from the media section as well.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 30, 2013 @ 21:52
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

Hmm, ok I know 6.01 and 6.02 suffered a bit from some weird bugs. Perhaps it's an option to try and do an upgrade to 6.0.6 and see if that helps?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft