Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hardy Wang 91 posts 112 karma points
    Jun 03, 2013 @ 16:08
    Hardy Wang

All nodes published, but still have * beside them

I have Umbraco 4.9.0 in verious enrionments, like DEV, Testing, UAT, production and so on. They all have same settings. My DEV and Testing servers work fine, but my UAT behaves strangely. After I imported content to UAT by Courier 2.7.7 all my newly created nodes have * beside them. Even I try to publish all of them again, I still see * signs. But my site looks fine.

Any reason * always shows?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 03, 2013 @ 18:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Hardy this is a known bug in 4.9 - If I remember correctly it was fixed in the patch release of 4.9.1.

I recommend that you at least upgrade to 4.9.1 - best would probably be to upgrade to latest stable version of 4.11 if possible (That would be 4.11.9).

Otherwise be aware that some security vulnerabilites are discovered, which means you need to patch you installation. You can read more about it here: http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/5/1/security-update-two-major-vulnerabilities-found.aspx

If you can't find v4.9.1 in official repos Lee Kellher has an unofficial stash here where you can get it from here http://code.leekelleher.com/umbraco/archive/

Always remember to read the recommendations on how to upgrade here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/

All the best!

/Jan

Jun 04, 2013 @ 03:33
    Hardy Wang

Thanks, I checked codeplex download, the earliest I can find is 4.11.9, which I cannot go to. I have contacted with Umbraco support long time ago regarding the imcompatible DynamicItem.Url behaviour between 4.9.x and 4.11.x, but the problem actually is never solved.

Jun 04, 2013 @ 10:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Hardy

As mentioned above you can find 4.9.1 in the Repository of Lee Kelleher. It's the version you want.

Then after you have upgraded make sure to patch your installation according to the guidelines from HQ also referenced in the above post.

/Jan

Jun 04, 2013 @ 21:40
    Hardy Wang

Thanks, I can give 4.9.1 a try.

Aniother question, what is the root cause of this published/unpublished bug? I have 4 servers with identical settings, but this issue does not show up in all of them,

Jun 04, 2013 @ 23:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Hardy

Yeah it's a weird issue. If I remember correctly it has someting to do with the overall performance of the machine. If the performance score is higher than 5 you may not see the issue...something like that.

Hope 4.9.1 will work, but if you want to do the whole upgrade path you can get the versions from the unofficial repo mentioned above as well and follow the upgrade instructions from the documentation.

/Jan

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 04, 2013 @ 23:51
    Jeavon Leopold

I seem to remember that also if the time was different between your IIS and SQL server machines this would show up, this might be why you see it on some environments but not others. Thank goodness this bug was fixed! :-)

Jun 04, 2013 @ 23:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Amen to that Jeavon :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft