Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Torben Warberg Rohde 35 posts 89 karma points
    Sep 16, 2009 @ 22:44
    Torben Warberg Rohde

Problem getting blog4umbraco to work (urn:tagsLib not found)

I suspect I'm probably missing something obvious, since no one else seems to be having problems with the package... but after having googled it, and ploved through a lot of forum posts I still can't get it working.

After installing the blog4umbraco package I get XSLT parsing errors.

System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransformException: Cannot find the script or external object that implements prefix 'urn:tagsLib'.

In the comments on the package info on Tims blog someone else also mentions it, and one of the replys mention:

[snip] caused by the xsltextensions file not being updated during install [/snip]

And after that

[snip] I have been searching for ages, allmost gave up….. this did the trick [/snip]

Does anyone know how to update the xsltextensions file? Or is that a different problem?
    I have tried it on two different systems, both nearly fresh 4.0.2.1 installs (only some runway and CWS packages installed).

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Sep 17, 2009 @ 05:57
    Richard Soeteman

You can update it in the /Config/XsltExtensions.config file, Below you find a copy of my file that is using the Blog4Umbraco package. Hope this helps you,

Richard

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <XsltExtensions>
      <!--
      <ext assembly="/bin/name-of-dll-without-dll-extension" type="Fully.Qualified.Name.Of.Type.Including.Namespace" alias="Prefix-to-use-in-xslt" />
      -->
      <ext assembly="\bin\umbraco.editorControls" type="umbraco.editorControls.tags.library" alias="tagsLib">
      </ext>
      <ext assembly="\bin\Umlaut.Umb.Blog" type="Umlaut.Umb.Blog.BlogLibrary" alias="BlogLibrary">
      </ext>
    </XsltExtensions>

• Torben Warberg Rohde 35 posts 89 karma points
    Sep 17, 2009 @ 09:27
    Torben Warberg Rohde

"Hope this helps you"

Yes, that did the trick. I was looking for a DLL that was missing/wrong. Thanks :-)

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Jul 11, 2010 @ 12:55
    Greg Berlin

Yup, helped me too.. thanks :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft