Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Borza 34 posts 95 karma points
    Jun 08, 2013 @ 01:10
    James Borza

Upgrade from 4.7.2 > 4.11.9 > 6.1.1 'tinyMCE is not define' and razor issues

Hi There,

I've upgrade from 4.7.2 to 4.11.9, which went fine, no issues. Then upgrading from 4.11.9 to 6.1.1 I'm seeing two issues.

First, in Chrome (not seeing this issue in FF), in the Umbraco back office the tinyMCE editor is not loading for any node. I recieve the error:

"Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <" from the /umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx

and

"Uncaught ReferenceError: tinyMCE is not defined" in editContent.aspx

I've deleted the ClientDependency TEMP files (first thought), double checked permissoins and verified the viewstateMoverModule is set to false. I've also made sure those files are there and re-copied the umbraco and umbraco_client folders over (deleting the old copies first). None of this has resolved the issue. Again this is weird since I only see it in FF. I have also cleared my cache/cookies/histery/etc in Chrome.

The OTHER issue I'm seeing after the upgrade from 4.11.9 to 6.1.1 is broken razor macro scripts. I have a feeling this has something to do with some syntax changes made in the versions because if I move some code around "@" characters and positioning seems to be the problem. I'm less worreid about this issue though because I'm okay with editing the scripts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Frank v Braak 10 posts 28 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 09:47
    Frank v Braak

We have the same problem in Umbraco 6.1.1 here.

We've tried it in Internet Explorer and in Chrome.

In FireFox, however, the editor seems to work fine!

No problems / errors at all.

Maybe, because it seems to work fine in FF, it has something to do with javascript?

Someone? Hotfix?

• James Borza 34 posts 95 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 18:04
    James Borza

I tried pushing the build out to another server (I was using IIS express before in my dev enviroment) and the tinyMCE issue disapeared. Give that a try, deploy it to another system, it might have something to do with caching but I couldn't figure out the cause. Regarding the razor issues, they updated Umbraco to use Razor v2 so there are some syntax changes we needed to impliment. Mostly to do with @{ } code blocks and @Model.

I created a blank, new Umbraco 6.1.1 build and didn't see the tinyMCE issue.

Also make sure you've tried these:

• Delete client dependency files (do this as well when you deploy to another system)
    • Make sure all the files are there and you're not getting any 404s (Umbraco and Umbraco_Client)
    • Set viewstateMoverModule to false in the Umbraco settings config
    • Double check file permisions

Let me know if that works for you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft