Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ryan Green 63 posts 83 karma points
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 18:21
    Ryan Green

Media Library Start Node

I have setup users in the Users tab, and have set them to have a certain start node for the media library. But when they create Folders in the media library, it creates it down one level, into the main Media node, which I don't want them to have access to. The same thing happens with the images it seems. I thought that when you set a Media Library start node, that is where items will be placed when they create them. Do I have something setup wrong in permissions or something? I am using v. 4.8.0

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 23:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ryan

Sounds like a setup that should work...

Could you post a screendump about it?

/Jan

• Ryan Green 63 posts 83 karma points
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 23:13
    Ryan Green

Not exactly sure how I would do that. 

Here is the Media Library.

Media (Main Root of Umbraco Install)

> Library (This is the directory I want them to see to put files into)

>> Folders that are contained within it's parent directory

>DEDA

>Site Files

I have the "Library" folder setup as their start node in Media Library, but wheneve an image is created, or a folder created, it places it outside that level into the "Media" directory. Which means, they can't see to get the images, etc. She sees the word "Library" as her top level when she is logged in, but it creates the images and folders one level outside of that.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 10, 2013 @ 23:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Are you sure about that?

If you set a startnode and your user logs in, she is logged directly into that library, which is then not visible to here. It just says "media" and it looks empty untill folders and medias are being created. So when she creates folders they should be created correctly in the structure.

I could turn this question around - if you can she see the "DEDA" folder?

Is there no chance that you can make a print screen of the media archive? I suppose you're the administrator of the site so you can see the whole media library?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft