Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott Stonehouse 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jun 17, 2013 @ 19:44
    Scott Stonehouse

Preview node deletion?

This sounds a bit weird, but is there a way to delete a node but not publish that deletion? 

As a database guy, I think in terms of Insert, Update, Delete.  Inserting or updating a node can be done without publishing.  Save and preview work nicely.

But it seems like there isn't a way to 'save' a deletion without publishing.

We are working on a site (V6) and we have an html table which will be user-editable.  This is accomplished by a collection of node which represent rows in the table.  So we can edit rows or create new ones and preview the changes.  But if we delete a row, that action is automatically published!

I hope I'm missing something... any suggestions?

• Adam Shallcross 55 posts 211 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 21:47
    Adam Shallcross

I don't think so...I think once the node is deleted it is automatically removed from the site, regardless..

Would it not be better to use a table datatype like : http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/dynamic-grid-data-type

Cheers

• Damiaan 442 posts 1301 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 23:11
    Damiaan
    Don't you just mean the recycle bin?

Talking about tables, there is was an awesome package at the package competition at codegarden called "spreadsheet uploader": http://our.umbraco.org//projects/backoffice-extensions/spreadsheet-uploader.
  • Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jun 19, 2013 @ 09:59
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Scott,

I'd wrap the rows in a separate Table node, then create a node picker (XPath DropDownList or similar) on the document that displays the table, and then have two or more separate Tables to pick from. Then you can preview the document with a completely separate table - and you'd be able to copy a complete table to a nother node.

Depending on the complexity of those tables: I usually use the "Multiple Textstring" or "Textstring Array" (from uComponents) for building simple tables.

/Chriztian 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft