Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sean L 24 posts 146 karma points
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 23:09
    Sean L

Newly Created Users cannot edit content

I have added two new users to the Users section, one is set to be a writer and the other is set to be an editor.

The problem I am having is that these newly created users are unable to see the textboxes (RTE in this case) for any nodes at all, so they are not able to make any content edits at all. Even if a user is set to Administrator, they still cannot see the content to be able to edit. The editable page sections are visible, just without the Rich Text Editors. Example:

Background info:
    Umbraco version - 6.1.1
    Packages - XSLTsearch
    OS - Windows Server 2008 R2
    IIS - 7.5

The odd thing about this issue is, users created prior to this can access any node and see the content, make edits, publish, etc. These users were created on version 4.11.1, I believe (we've been through multiple upgrades since then). I have tried changing permissions (adding all available), creating new users as Administrator, creating a new user type and adding all permissions. None of the above worked, so I am looking for alternatives to try and options to look for, or if this is possibly a bug? Any help, insight, or suggestions are greatly appreciated. TIA.

Regards,

Sean

• Sean L 24 posts 146 karma points
    Jun 18, 2013 @ 23:48
    Sean L

[Update]

Note: This topic should be removed or recategorized, as it is misleading by title after figuring out the issue.

After being so fixated on the permissions and getting things right in the Umbraco backend, I didn't think it might be browser related. Then I figured, what the heck, lets try a different browser. I tried things in a different browser, and viola... No problems. This is still an issue for me, but simply due to our complicated environment for me to resolve. Internet isolation software uses Firefox v12 and this issue is revolving around that version. This is the only gateway out to the Internet, so this will be the only options my Content Editors will have as a browser.

Thanks to anyone who may have looked into this in the short period it was up.

Regards,

Sean L

• Adan Ramos Trujillo 6 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 02, 2014 @ 23:17
    Adan Ramos Trujillo

I have this very same issue and changing Browser does not change anything at all. Any clue why RTE is not rendering

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft