Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roni Biran 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 23, 2013 @ 15:34
    Roni Biran

How can I send a preview link to a non umbraco user?

Is it possible to send a preview link to a user that is not logged into the system?

I know I can hide the page, then publish it. However, this is not what I'm looking for.

I want to send a NON-PUBLISHED document for review to someone. How can I do it? Can I?

10x

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 23, 2013 @ 18:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Roni

It's not possible to send a preview link to a non umbraco user.

However you could make sure that the published page is hidden for the navigation, search results etc. by having some settings on the doucment type to make sure it's not visible in navigation or indexable in search engines (external and internal that is). Then you can publish the page and send the published link to the external editor without the page showing up on the site and without it being indexed by Google if it should come across it...however it's no really an ideal approach.

Is there any specific reason why you don't want to create the user who should see the preview in Umbraco?

/Jan

• Josiah D Thoen 18 posts 63 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 04:41
    Josiah D Thoen

I've had to use CutePDF and print to a pdf to email to a client.

• Roni Biran 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jun 24, 2013 @ 06:17
    Roni Biran

@Jan, Thanks for the reply. As I wrote in my post, I'm not looking for a solution that will "just" hide my post. The concept of using "umbracoNaviHide" is not what I was looking for :-(

I think that the concept of printing the preview onto a PDF file and sending it to a client is something I can live with. Thanks @Josiah.

Maybe the CORE team will think on adding a button for sending a temp preview link :-)

• David Podmore 16 posts 74 karma points
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 10:50
    David Podmore

Hi all,

Sorry to drag an old post out, but did anybody ever find a good way to do this?
    Like Roni, saving to PDF is a good work around for me, but being able to send temporary links would be great!

Thanks!

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 19:44
    Charles Afford

Is the content not published?  Is there any way you could restric the content to the membergroup

Then when you publish the content only members of that group can see it

So create a customer user and assign the membergroup

Thus you can publish content and give them a URL to go to.

Charlie

• richard roberts 1 post 20 karma points
    Nov 18, 2022 @ 10:45
    richard roberts

1 - Create folder on your Desktop 2 - Open the web page that you wish to share 3 - Right click and select 'Save As' (saving that page into the folder) 4 - Zip the folder and email it to the reviewer

• Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Nov 21, 2022 @ 17:25
    Huw Reddick

we have a DEV site, where the client can check stuff like this before pushing it to live.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft