Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bijesh Tank 192 posts 420 karma points
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 11:57
    Bijesh Tank

How add a language in the backend?

HI,

I have a multi-lingiual site that uses dictionary items. There is a need from the client to setup a new site in English (Bangladesh), however this does not exist in the list of available languages. I understand the languages list is the offical list from MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/goglobal/bb896001.aspx) but is there anyway to add more languages to the list?

Or is there another way I can get around this? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bij

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:37
    Jeroen Breuer

It might be a good idea to have a look at the source to see where the languages are fetched from. If it's a hard coded list you could add it in the source code and maybe create a pull request for it: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS

Jeroen

Jun 26, 2013 @ 13:18
    Bijesh Tank

Thanks Jereon. I've got the source but it's been a little while since I looked at it - have you got any pointers where I can start looking?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2013 @ 13:21
    Jeroen Breuer

There is a /umbraco/settings/editLanguage.aspx file so I think that's a good start :-).

Jeroen

Jun 26, 2013 @ 13:29
    Bijesh Tank

Excellents thanks!

• Allan Kirk 36 posts 110 karma points c-trib
    Dec 04, 2013 @ 04:09
    Allan Kirk

Hi

Did you find a solution to this problem? I might need to add Burmese to the list, and would prefere not to have to start from scratch, so if you could give me some pointers, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft