Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christopher Mosses 8 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 10:56
    Christopher Mosses

How do I change the Creator?

I would like to know whether there is a way to change the Creator of a content item?

The reason is that a client works with a concept of content authors, and they want to be able to assign a content item from one author to another.

Any ideas?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 11:14
    Dirk De Grave

You can't assign a new owner (or user) via the existing api as this property is readonly on the CMSNode class.

However, nothing prevents you from building your own extension to change to owner using a db call. Be aware, this is not recommended nor do I know the complications of such an operation (altho not expecting lots of issues if you do)

Bottom line: it can be done, but keep my recommendations in mind!

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 11:41
    Warren Buckley

Chris my recommendation is to have a new tree in the content section that contains a list of authors for the site, with this scenario they can create authors that may not necesarily have an umbraco user account.

Content
    --> Home
    -->--> Another page
    --> Authors
    -->--> Warren
    -->--> Chris

Then you can create a property on your master document type that uses the ultimate picker as a dropdown to select the author.

With this setup on these author nodes you could have extended author information such as a profile image, email address and their role etc...

Hope this helps.
    Warren :)

• Christopher Mosses 8 posts 26 karma points
    Sep 24, 2009 @ 06:50
    Christopher Mosses

Thanks Dirk and Warren, both are good ideas. I think the introduction of an Authors subtree will violate Umbraco the least, though :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft