Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arnim Anhut 137 posts 148 karma points
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 16:07
    Arnim Anhut

V4: CSS for TinyMCE special classes, ids?

Hello,

I searched the forum a while but I'm not realy sure what I should search for:

I thought there where some special classes that can be used inside my CSS-files that adress tinyMCE. But I don't find them any more.

In my case I want white font-color inside tinyMCE - what class do I have to add? What special tinyMCE-classes are available?

Greets, Arnim.

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 17:21
    Douglas Robar

I often use something like this in my css:

.mceContentBody,
    .mceEditorIframe {
        background-color:#FFFFFF;
    }
    .mceContentbody a,
    .mceEditorIframe a {
        color: #00C;
        text-decoration: underline;
    }

cheers,
    doug.

• Arnim Anhut 137 posts 148 karma points
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 17:57
    Arnim Anhut

@douglas: Thanx man, those I were looking for. Are there more of this classes or can a list of these classes be found somewhere?

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 18:00
    Lachlann

Hi there

I may be missing the point but couldn't you also set up a stlyesheet for the tinyMCE? just upload your stlyesheet and then in the Developer -> Data Types -> Rich Text Editor  set the Related stylesheets to the style sheet you just uploaded. You can then use this style sheet to apply any styles you wish to the contents of the rich text editor?

Again sorry if I have mis-understood.

L

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 21:46
    Douglas Robar

I just used firebug to figure out what the relevant id's/classes were. But, really, once you've got the

.mceContentBody,
    .mceEditorIframe

you can pick up anything you want after that, just like I did for the anchor links.

@Lachlann is right, though. If you have more complex styling you might just create a special css file for use within the RTE and set it on the datatype as he explains above. That way you aren't sending a bunch of useless css to all your website visitors. In my case, I just wanted to get rid of the background image in tinymce so didn't bother with a separate css file, though I probably should have.

cheers,
    doug.

• Kaydi 5 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 05, 2016 @ 23:22
    Kaydi

how do i find my css?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft