Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marco van Zomeren 5 posts 5 karma points
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 21:38
    Marco van Zomeren

How to change contents of help

Contents of help window are developer oriented. Where can I change the help text ? Or, maybe hide the help button ?

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 21:54
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Marco,

The  help file is hosted on our.umbraco.org so you can't change the content. This is hard coded in the umbraco.aspx file. Not 100% sure but I think you can only modify this file if you have a PRO subscription of Umbraco since you may not change the way Umbraco looks with the open source version.

Hope this helps you,

Richard

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 22:48
    Simon Dingley

I have to agree that the help is developer oriented and is also linking to out of date content. It would be good to have some official word on whether or not the link can be changed under the terms of the open source license as it is not intuitive or of particular use to many end users.

• Marco van Zomeren 5 posts 5 karma points
    Sep 22, 2009 @ 23:06
    Marco van Zomeren

Thanks Simon, Richard ! I understand this has something to do with the open source licence. Maybe adding a button is a solution? This button links to your local / end user help file or videos.

Marco

• Richard Soeteman 4035 posts 12842 karma points MVP
    Sep 23, 2009 @ 20:57
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Marco,

Yes you are absolutly free to add a button in menus, dashboard controls, on document types (via datatype) etc. And then create your own help screen.

Cheers,

Richard

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft