Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dane Garcia 9 posts 70 karma points
    Jul 05, 2013 @ 19:54
    Dane Garcia

Member Issues, Permissions Messed Up?

Hello all,

I'm currently running an umbraco v6.0.6 site on my companies intranet. We have about 500 active directory users and I'm trying to user kerberos mixed with umbraco membership to setup page permissions. My issue is that if a non administrative user tries to open the website the are immediatly redirected to the login page. If I add them as a member they can access it no problems. If I add an administrative user as a member they are immediate redirected to the login page. If they are not a member it works fine for them. Am I doing something wrong? I tried using the active directoy membership provider but the membership page is completely useless when I do this. The members directory just spins and spins without ever loading anything. I saw a post from someone saying this is a know issue. Has anyone had any luck with active directory + umbraco used to manage access to an intranet site?

• Kevin Jump 2317 posts 14726 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jul 06, 2013 @ 00:23
    Kevin Jump

Hi 

I've had similar issues, so developed the Umbraco Active Directory Authentication package 

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/umbraco-active-directory-authentication

the is a modified role provider and user control combination for Intranets. 

when the site is configured - the user control creates umbraco membership accounts at logon (silently without prompting for username or password)

the role provider then checks membership agains the AD - and you can secure pages using your selected Active Directory groups. 

- Kevin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft