Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2013 @ 12:36
    Ismail Mayat

special symbol in umbraco document name

Guys,

Using umbraco 6.1.1.  I am currently using the excellent cmsimport to import some data. One set of the data is a temperature range this has values like 

minus 50 -minus 30 °C

The values I am importing are used my multi tree node picker to tag products. The values are used as node names. The issue I am having is the degree symbol is replaced with � my source csv file is set to utf-8. Is there something that can be done so that the degree symbol is recognised?

Regards

Ismail

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2013 @ 12:46
    Morten Bock

I just tried typing it in regularly when creating a node, and that does not cause it to be removed in my 6.1.1 install. So must be something related to either the import mechanism, or the specific install? Maybe CMSImport tries to clean up the data for you?

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 09, 2013 @ 12:51
    Ismail Mayat

Morten,

I think your right must be CMSImport and some encoding changes during the import as I can also type in the editor and update the name to have °

Regards

Ismail

• Dane Garcia 9 posts 70 karma points
    Jul 09, 2013 @ 14:11
    Dane Garcia

Don't know if this will help you or not but have you tried instead of ° using °

I haven't tried this in umbraco as far as creating a node with HTML entities inside but it might be worth a shot...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft