Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stevie B. Gibson 70 posts 30 karma points
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 18:30
    Stevie B. Gibson

Multilanguage behavior

Hi,

maybe a stupid question but multilanguage features of umbraco applies only to translations or it should also select the correct site based on hostnames and browser language?

I'm asking because I set up a multilanguage website base on this tutorial http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/running-multi-lingual-sites-under-a-single-domain but, when I display the site it always show the first one in the structure.

I'm doing something wrong on setup or language redirection is not managed automatically by umbraco? I've v6.0.0

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 11, 2013 @ 21:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stevie

I have just skimmed the wik-entry by Tim that you're linking to. It should be possible to use the same approach with Umbraco 6.

Have you added the hostnames on each home node in Umbraco? Have you added the hostnames in IIS as well?

Don't know if there may be a bug in Umbraco 6.0.0 about this though...I remember there unfortunately was some weird stuff going on with the early releases of 6.0 so perhaps it would be a good idea to upgrade to latest stable version, which is 6.0.7?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft