Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Emma 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 15, 2013 @ 07:40
    Emma

Need tech support for customised Umbraco 4.1

Hi, I have just inherited web maintenance for a customised umbraco 4.1 site that is having quite a few problems. Please be gentle as I am not a programmer, and know very little about the customisation history of the product.

Firsty, does anyone know of an Australian company that might be willing to give ongoing tech support for the site? The original developer no longer has support for this product on staff...

Current major issues:

1) when attempting to login/register using IE as a user, I get "security error accessing url" (works fine in Firefox and Chrome) - this was previously working as of a couple of months ago

2) formatting as per style sheet renders correctly in preview mode, but not on live site

3) can only make text content changes in Firefox/ chrome - IE does not apply changes on save

4) cms does not display section icons for any browser.

Please be patient, you may have to give me simple walkthrough to locate any additional info you need to help me out with this...

My understanding is that we are unable to apply patches or upgrade due to the high levels of customisation that were made during build?!

Thanks

• Andrew 47 posts 105 karma points
    Jul 15, 2013 @ 21:08
    Andrew

Could always contact one of the developers on one of these this lists. These are "Certified" developers by Umbraco.

http://umbraco.com/certified-partners/find-a-certified-developer.aspx?group=4.1

http://umbraco.com/certified-partners/find-a-certified-developer.aspx?group=4.2 

The bad part of your situation is you are using a very outdated version of Umbraco.
    Current Versions are 6.0.7 and 6.1.2.

4.11.10 was recently released, but it is the last developmental release on the V4 line.

You might want to consider rebuilding your site with a newer version of Umbraco that isn't customized. This would make it easier to troubleshoot and to maintain.  

• Emma 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jul 16, 2013 @ 04:45
    Emma

Thanks Andrew for your reply,

Unfortunately most of the development budget on this project is long gone, so a complete rebuild is probably not feasible. I agree that having a current CMS version would solve most of the issues we are having. I will look into the certified developers/ partners to see if there might be someone willing to troubleshoot enough for a more stable 4.1 system.

• Andrew 47 posts 105 karma points
    Jul 16, 2013 @ 13:45
    Andrew

I understand. 

I'm not sure who else could help you trouble shoot a customized version really.

Good luck.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft