sitename
     - Global
        - English
     - UK
        - English

for the Global > English page, the links to the page are showing as:

Link to document
    Alternative Links

so the 'Link to document' is correct, but the alternative link isn't.  On the UK > English page, I just get the correct 'Link to document'
    On our development version, I've just turned on the useDomainPrefixes = true option in the umbracoSettings.config of of the site, and I've added a hostname for the top level 'sitename' node.  Now I get the following as page links for the Global > English page:

Link to document

I get the correct links for the UK > English page, showing the correct hostname in the URL like this:

Link to document

I've tried re-publishing the entire root node (sitename), however I get an unusual timeout error.  I've increased the timeout for the app pool, and for the session and the umbraco timeout in the web.config, however this is a different error probably related to the proxy server contacting the web server.

Is republishing the entire site the only fix?  I've tried only publishing the sitename > Global node, which completes successfully, but doesn't fix the issue.
  • Chris Halcrow 20 posts 39 karma points
    Jul 22, 2013 @ 00:16
    Chris Halcrow

The question has been answered by Digby Swift on Stackoverflow here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17709921/umbraco-incorrect-alternative-link-to-document

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft