Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ashley Andersen 45 posts 88 karma points
    Jul 19, 2013 @ 19:18
    Ashley Andersen

Using children pages for navigation, but I don't want the parent to be visible. Is this possible?

This may be an XSLT question, I'm not sure. I just started with Umbraco this week.

I'm attempting to make dynamic utility navigation: ie. the user creates a page and it is added to the navigation. The Utility Navigation, sits above the main navigation hosting pages like Events and Careers etc. I do not have them as children of the Homepage to keep them out of the dynamic main navigation (Home, About Us, etc.) I already have.

My issue is I created a dummy page to parent those children so I could grab those utility pages and nothing more. Then I used the XSLT template for subpages from a source with my own stylings. It works fine, but I don't want the parent page to be accessible. If I unpublish it, the children pages still exist, but the parent page cannot be called in the macro XSLT file as it no longer "exists."

Is there a better way I should call these utility pages without a parent page? Any help or insight is appreciated! Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft