Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jens2112 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 20, 2013 @ 04:27
    jens2112

Umbraco Categorization

**Likely the Razor thread was not the best option for posting this - my apologies.**

Planning a new project and would be grateful for any input on the most logical way to implement this with Umbraco.  Thx in advance for your input!

Pencil to paper to think through a problem. The challenge revolves around creating a category structure to organize and display small groups of results from among dozens of travel packages  Something an e-commerce or blog engine does natively with categories but which Umbraco is not quite designed to do?  I doubt that l - I just don't have enough experience in this realm yet I hope.

I'm used to PHP based CMS systems such as Joomla and WP.  While familiar with ASP/Razor/CSHTML I am certainly not fluent. How best to achieve this categorization with Umbraco?

The items in question are travel packages and to create pages with items sorted by state (US only) or season or type of trip I considered using a custom datatype for each.  A user enters a new trip, selects the state, season, trip type from each tab and the category pages fill automagically.

Sounds like I'm on the right track or off my head? 

To focus only on season by way of example... A new datatype for "season" is created with 4 Ntext options Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter. Render control as ckbox most likely; possibly radio button if we only allow 1 season choice.    In the macro CSHTML I think  @Model.Children.Where  might be the right path to select only those packages that meet a certain condition.

Happy to hear all input.  Especially if it helps point us in the right direction!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft