Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• alimac 182 posts 371 karma points
    Jul 24, 2013 @ 11:40
    alimac

Multiple websites sharing content from one central location?

At the moment I have three umbraco websites that each have their own content trees, but all have one page in common. At the moment, since all three sites are independent, the data is just copied into each site.

However our client is now asking that all the pages can be managed from one site. Ie. the data is updated in one umbraco installation and somehow mirrored across the other sites. Bear in mind this page is password protected and contains sensitive data.

How can I achieve this?

My first thought was maybe to expose an xml feed that contained all of the relevant data however I have no idea how I'd keep all the data secure. Would it be a case of encrypting and setting over https? I literally have no idea where to begin here.. can anyone point me in the correct direction?

I'm really looking for the simplest solution here.

Thanks

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 24, 2013 @ 12:24
    Jeroen Breuer

An xml or json feed sounds like a good solution, but you'll have your security issue. Perhaps try to expose the data through Web API and secure that.

Jeroen

• alimac 182 posts 371 karma points
    Jul 24, 2013 @ 12:32
    alimac

Thanks Jeroen. One thing I should mention though is that these sites are built on version 4.5.2 - so I suppose I'm kinda limited in my approach?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 24, 2013 @ 12:39
    Jeroen Breuer

You could try to add Web API manually to your Umbraco 4 website: http://cultiv.nl/blog/2012/6/28/how-to-use-aspnet-web-api-in-umbraco-4-net-40/

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft