Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 16:43
    Anthony Candaele

Foundation framework in Umbraco

For my next Umbraco project, I'm thinking about integrating the Foundation framework ( http://foundation.zurb.com/ )

Does anyone has experience with integration Foundation into Umbraco? Was it a smooth process, or are there some pittfals?

Thanks for your advice,

Anthony

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 10:06
    Dave Woestenborghs

Foundation is a front end framework. Umbraco doesn't care which front-end framework you choose eg. Foundation, Twitter bootstrap, etc..

So you have complete control over the front end code.

• Leon 101 posts 489 karma points
    Jan 29, 2015 @ 15:43
    Leon

Just wondering how you got on with foundation 5?

I'm debating between using bootstrap and foundation. Visual Studio new mvc project wizards tend to use bootstrap, so I was thinking of using Bootstrap for that reason, but reading up on foundation 5, the opinions are that foundation is better for custom design. How did you get on with it?

• Matthew Kirschner 323 posts 611 karma points
    Jan 29, 2015 @ 17:03
    Matthew Kirschner

Since Umbraco is built with Bootstrap, I would go with that. This way, any new views or partial views that the core team create will immediately work with your responsive framework. Examples of such views are new to v7.2 with the Grid Layout and Forms Layout. That being said, I'm using Foundation 5 and the conversion process from Bootstrap is pretty simple.

One issue I have with Foundation is with RTEs in the Grid Layout for the backoffice. I added my site's css to the RTE property editor for the grid and now it won't render a height greater than 70px. See http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5771

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft