Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Milman-Hurst 48 posts 76 karma points
    Aug 12, 2013 @ 16:40
    Brian Milman-Hurst

Spell check not working in RTE

Hi guys, any idea on this one!?

I have a website that is using version 4.8.0 and is working fine except for the spell checker in the RTE, when I try to use this it displays the following error:

Any ideas!?

Error response: <!DOCTYPE html> 
    <html> <head> <title>Runtime Error</title> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" /> <style> body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Consolas","Lucida Console",Monospace;font-size:11pt;margin:0;padding:0.5em;line-height:14pt} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } @media screen and (max-width: 639px) { pre { width: 440px; overflow: auto; white-space: pre-wrap; word-wrap: break-word; } } @media screen and (max-width: 479px) { pre { width: 280px; } } </style> </head> <body bgcolor="white"> <span><H1>Server Error in '/' Application.<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver></H1> <h2> <i>Runtime Error</i> </h2></span> <font face="Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif "> <b> Description: </b>An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. <br><br> <b>Details:</b> To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a &lt;customErrors&gt; tag within a &quot;web.config&quot; configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This &lt;customErrors&gt; tag should then have its &quot;mode&quot; attribute set to &quot;Off&quot;.<br><br> <table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc"> <tr> <td> <code><pre> &lt;!-- Web.Config Configuration File --&gt; &lt;configuration&gt; &lt;system.web&gt; &lt;customErrors mode=&quot;Off&quot;/&gt; &lt;/system.web&gt; &lt;/configuration&gt;</pre></code> </td> </tr> </table> <br> <b>Notes:</b> The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the &quot;defaultRedirect&quot; attribute of the application&#39;s &lt;customErrors&gt; configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.<br><br> <table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc"> <tr> <td> <code><pre> &lt;!-- Web.Config Configuration File --&gt; &lt;configuration&gt; &lt;system.web&gt; &lt;customErrors mode=&quot;RemoteOnly&quot; defaultRedirect=&quot;mycustompage.htm&quot;/&gt; &lt;/system.web&gt; &lt;/configuration&gt;</pre></code> </td> </tr> </table> <br> </body> </html>

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 12, 2013 @ 17:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

This is unfortunately a bug, which may be caused by Google that may have shut down a service, that is being used for this feature. Seems like this is fixed in v6 though judging from this issue http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2510

Perhaps it's something that you can fix on the particular installation replacing the service with the one Adrian is recommending in the comments?

/Jan

• Brian Milman-Hurst 48 posts 76 karma points
    Aug 12, 2013 @ 18:00
    Brian Milman-Hurst

bugger!  yeah I thought that may have been the case but hoped it was something I had done!

ah well, thank you for the update Jan, much appreciated.

Bri

• Jeric 122 posts 192 karma points
    Aug 14, 2013 @ 14:07
    Jeric

I'm having the same issue, can someone post Adria's comment here as I can't seems to find them here.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft