Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kevin Walker 66 posts 87 karma points
    Aug 21, 2013 @ 20:17
    Kevin Walker

Umbraco Admin Users Tab completely vanished!

My users admin icon tab in the back office Umbraco has completely dissapeared and when I manually navigate to /umbraco/umbraco.aspx#users it's empty? I've run it through Fiddler and I see that the following is returning a 500 error when calling this '/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData' does anyone have any prior experience of this happening, currently researching it but any help for a quick fix appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 24, 2013 @ 16:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kevin

Not that it neccesarily matters but what version of Umbraco are you using?

And has anything changed on the server before this started happening?

/Jan

• Kevin Walker 66 posts 87 karma points
    Aug 26, 2013 @ 17:16
    Kevin Walker

Sorry for my delayed reply on this. The version is 4.7.1. I have spent ages on this and thought I was cracking up, but the above error is actually led me down the wrong path completely. It was the simplest solution. At some point a while back my umbraco user login was set up again for me for security reasons, however the person who set it up did not grant me access to this the 'users' area. Due to the fact this happened after a site hack attempt I was assuming the two problems were related when they were not. Probably should have checked this earlier :-| I love this job, sometimes! Thank for your help anyway. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft