Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff Rohlman 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 28, 2013 @ 01:46
    Jeff Rohlman

v6.1.2 - Rich Text Editor Styling Issues

Hi, definitely a newbie to Umbraco and have ran into an issue.

I set up a style if my RT Editor using the directions from the following link:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-(tinymce)/add-styles-to-the-drop-down-menu-for-editors-to-use

Everything went well and my style showed in the Rich Text Editor and formatting looked fine in the editor as well. However, when I view it in preview mode or just in the browser (I guess they are one in the same) I lose the formatting.  I do not get any color change in my text as it shows in the editor and I also lose the italic style.  Like I stated everything looks great in editor but styling is lost when viewing in the browser.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JR

• Biagio Paruolo 1594 posts 1825 karma points c-trib
    Aug 30, 2013 @ 17:12
    Biagio Paruolo

Have you add stylesheet to your template?

• yard Nijsten 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 17:02
    yard Nijsten

Hi,

I think i got excectly the same issue as JR.

I am making my first umbraco website, so i used a template. Everything (included the RT Editor) worked fine.

Now im almost done with the website and i noticed that the style modifications i make in the RT Editor (so i can still see them in de backoffice) wont show up in my browser.

so it worked properly before and now it doesn't.

Could it be that i deleted some files that render it into the browser? 

I cant find anything about this subject

Any help would help me out!

YN

• David Tregoning 63 posts 236 karma points
    Feb 19, 2014 @ 17:02
    David Tregoning

I tried a slightly different route that seem to work (for me) from this link

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/customizing-the-wysiwyg-rich-text-editor-(tinymce)/add-styles-to-the-drop-down-menu-for-editors-to-use

I left my original style sheets alone, so if I had a file called base.css that contained the following:

h1 {
        font-family : geneva, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
        color:#FF0000;
        font-size:14px;
    }

I kept this linked within my template.

I then created a new style sheet within Umbraco called _rte.css and then On the Developer Tab, locate the "Richtext editor" and check the box in the Stylesheets section next to _rte.

Then back in the setting tab > Stylesheets section right click on _rte and create and give it the name h1. In the styles box I paste in the following

color:#FF0000;

Although it is not an exact match to the h1 within base, since the _rte will only be used on the backend* you just need to differentiate between standard paragraph text in the rich text editor, but you can obviously paste more CSS into the _rte > h1 styles if required.

The only downside to this method is if you change (for example) the colour of the H1 from red to blue you need to do it in two places.

*This method may also depend on the computer illitaracy of the end user on the backend and understanding about h1, h2, etc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft