Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• André 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 30, 2013 @ 10:32
    André

Dynamic Sections on Page

Hi guys.

I hope you can come to my aid.

I'm currently building our new Umbraco business site. I'm new to the world of Umbraco, but I am quickly catching on. I have a challenge though. I want my editors to be able to add sections to a page. Meaning I don't want any static pages, with only a few places to add content. I want them to be able to add what I call "featurettes".

Consider this picture: Featurette sections on the page

Here you see two "featurettes" or sections. I want my users to be able to add these as they desire. But my problem is that I'm not sure how to implement it, meaning I don't know the best practices of this.

Currently I have made Macros, with paramters such as:
    3-point-featurette.cshtml

Parameters:

• Heading 1
    • Heading2
    • Heading3
    • Lead1...3
    • Picture1..3

Macros in the editor

I add this to the RichText editor(see picture above). This worked somewhat okay, but Im running into problems... Theres an issue in the editor, where the cursor cannot move out of the Macro, so you can't add more. And if the parameters are too long, you have to start over, because you get this error when trying to edit it:

HTTP Error 404.15 - Not Found The request filtering module is configured to deny a request where the query string is too long.

I have also tried building a doctype structure. But this didn't seem all that intuitive.

• HomePage
      • 3-point-featurette
      • Featurette-big-right

I can't be the only one in the world with this kind of use case. How do I use Umbraco optimally to achieve this effect?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft