Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• NU_Craig 11 posts 55 karma points
    Sep 03, 2013 @ 16:47
    NU_Craig

Issue with Media start node and "create" dialog

Greetings,

I am in my exmaple below, using Umbraco 4.7, but have experienced it in 4.11 as well. Let's say we create a user and assign them a media start node as follows:

Now, when they're logged in and go to the media tab, all is good, and they can right click on the root node to upload a new image:

This works as you'd expect, and the media shows up after it's uploaded etc. The issue comes into play when you hit the create button at the top:

This brings up a dialog where I select my folder and since I've got no sub-folders, my only option is the root "media' folder:

So, I pick this, click OK, follow through the rest of the wizard choosing "Image" as the media type, giving it a title, then clicking "Create"

After that, I upload my image and hit Save. Now, the issue here is, my media doesn't show up for the account I'm logged into. So, I switched back to my admin account, and as it turns out, the image was in fact uploaded to the root media folder for the entire site, rather then the root media folder assigned as my media "start node" in the user settings for my non-admin account.

Is there any way to fix it so this dialog operates in the same manner as the context click create media does? As it is, users won't actually be able to get to the media uploaded with the "Create" button if they've been assigned a media start node in their user settings.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft