Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fido 9 posts 41 karma points
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 20:11
    Fido

Select nodes by value from data type grid

Hello!

I would like to create something like recipe site. There will be about 5k nodes of the same type (recipe). For each such a node I need to store ingredients. All ingredients will be represented as nodes /ingredients/{category}/{ingredient_name} For each particular recipe ingredients will be saved in data type grid and one of data type grid's fileds will be ingredientNodeId (other will be quantity and so on).

I need to select recipes by ingredient. So in plain english I need to make such a queries: Select all nodes, where data type grid contains row with ingredientNodeId filed = X. I would like to ask you, if is this approach possible and if yes, then will these queries be fast enough?

Thank you.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Sep 05, 2013 @ 22:50
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

This should be possible.

You can fetch the data with IPublishedContent queries: http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/Mvc/querying

Or you could write a query with some inner joins which goed directly to the Umbraco database, but that won't be easy.

Jeroen

• Fido 9 posts 41 karma points
    Sep 06, 2013 @ 01:00
    Fido

Hello Jeroen!

You are right, I forgot about the possiblity to query database directly and I am sure it will be fast enough.

Thank you very much for the advice!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft