Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nab 15 posts 35 karma points
    Sep 06, 2013 @ 16:53
    Nab

Strange problem

Hey all

I had noticed that despite all our SEO efforts one of our urls was not even being indexed even though it is more than two months old although since our website is quite content heavy, pages usually get indexed within two days after creation. However yesterday I really looked into it and realized that we were using url rewrites for these urls so basically something like /health-shop/our-product-name_3.aspx rather than the actual page name that would be product.aspx?id=3. 

My guess was the since you could get to above pages through our homepage so when G would crawl our homepage, it will automatically index these pages. But I later realized that there could be two reasons that it is not indexing it:

1) We are using cultiv sitemap and as far as there is no way to edit it manually. So to get around this I manually requested indexing of these urls from G Webmaster tools

2) Second reason which is why I think it is still not being indexed because it has indexed the actual page that is product.aspx (because it has been automatically added by cultiv sitemap as soon as it was created) so basically G just sees /health-shop/our-product-name_3.aspx , it simply ignores it since its a duplicate of product.aspx

Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Thanks. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft