Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gregory 7 posts 29 karma points
    Sep 13, 2013 @ 17:50
    Gregory

Live edit mode - how to reenable

Hello Guys,

I've started learn Umbraco today and I like it very much.

Two things:

1) I disabled "Live edit mode" by pressing Logout and I am not able to reenable it. Sorry for a dummy question but could you please tell me how to enable it back? I try to login again, clear cache, cookies, change browsers and nothing helps.

2) Also another question. I installed for a test purposes Google Map package. I googled a lot but I cannot find a clear info how to use packages on my website. I found a change done by this package to Data Types but not sure where else... I used (from some tutorial): in the template and something started to work, map still is invisible but how do I know that I call a package by using "field" and googleMap (how do I guess this name?).

So I know to install package but I have no idea how to use it once installed and where to track it:). I also assume some packages provides just a data types and other whole functionality or macros etc am I right?

Could you please explain it a little?

Greg

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Sep 16, 2013 @ 22:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Gregory and welcome to our :)

What version of Umbraco are you using?

1: Did you by any chance you the "preview" mode? Or did you use the "edit in canvas" mode option? If I remember correctly it's something you can choose by right clicking a node...but must admit that it's been years since I've used canvas editing and on the installation I've made I usually disable it. But could that be it?

2: What specific package did you install? If the package just contains a datatype, then you can add that datatype to a document type. When creating the document type you can probably see a google map where you can choose a specific place and on save the coordinates and zoom level is stored. That means you need to render the google map view yourself using xslt or razor and html/css/javascript. Can't remember if one of the packages does this out of the box though...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft