Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vidyarth 7 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 06, 2009 @ 11:40
    Vidyarth

Using ASP.NET AJAX in Umbraco 4

Hi everyone..

I am building a site based on Umbraco. I have a few macros based on usercontrols.

Inside those I wanted to use ASP.NET Ajax. I saw asp.net ajax version and tag prefixes declared in the web.config.. So I tried using the Ajax codes straight in my code for the usercontols (instead of registering it in my controls. I hope this is the right way to do it). But then the macros say I have an error 

"System.Web.HttpParseException: The base class includes the field 'ScriptManager1', but its type (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager) is not compatible with the type of control (System.Web.UI.ScriptManager)."

Can someone help me get started on this?

Thanks..

Vid

• Richard Soeteman 4045 posts 12898 karma points MVP 2x
    Oct 06, 2009 @ 11:51
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

I assume you are using .net 3.5? Try the web.config file for Umbraco 4 compatible with .net 3.5 which you can download here

Cheers,

Richard

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Oct 06, 2009 @ 11:55
    Jeroen Breuer

Could it be your website runs on asp.net 3.5? The web.config is default configured to use asp.net 2.0 and ajax 1.0 (with system.web.extensions 1.0.61025.0). You can update the web.config to 3.5 by downloading 'web.config file to use with .NET 3.5+' on http://umbraco.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=23321

• Vidyarth 7 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 06, 2009 @ 17:49
    Vidyarth

Hi Richard, Jeroen and everyone else

I am running on ASP.NET 2.0. So I am using the right Web.config.. Everything else works like a gem but the AJAX bit..

I am not sure why..

:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Vid

• Tom Maton 387 posts 660 karma points
    Oct 06, 2009 @ 17:56
    Tom Maton

Instead of it being your config it could be in your User Control

In your User Control what version of the System.Web.Extensions you using in your project?

Ensure you are using the 1.0 version and not the 3.5.

Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft