Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger 195 posts 474 karma points
    Sep 25, 2013 @ 21:47
    Roger

Members editing content best approach

Hi all,

I need to plan a project where members would login from the front end to access their content (a few page items per member and a node for each members information) and edit that content.

can anyone advise on the best approach in order to achieve this please?

thanks

Roger

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 26, 2013 @ 19:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Roger

What kind of content would the members be editing? Is it clean text, rich text, images etc?

This should be quite easy to achieve using the API's to update the nodes in the Umbraco backoffice.

You can see the API documentation here http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Reference/ - there should be some examples that show the basic concepts. Please note their is a difference wether you're using umbraco 4 or 6 and wether you're using MVC or webforms.

Hope this helps a bit - Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Sep 26, 2013 @ 21:45
    Roger

Hi Jan, It's v6 and yes you're correct, basically the system were planning will allow venues to edit their basic information. General page items and images from document types. They will also be able to view reviews and ratings on them from customers etc. we will offer much more in terms of functionality in the future but for now, that's basically it.

1, member registers 2, registration confirmed 3, member logs in 4, member edits profile and adds images via front end form fields.

Each member would have their own venue node, sub nodes for reviews etc

1,2 and 3 are no problem but just wanted the best approach for 4.

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into the documentation you suggested

Roger

Jan 16, 2014 @ 17:36
    Roger

Hi, i've tried to follow the older video tutorials but with v6.1.6 i think most of it is obsolete.

Are there any working examples of usercontrols that update node content?

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft