Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• radmanmm 117 posts 108 karma points
    Oct 09, 2009 @ 05:23
    radmanmm

Macro turning into html table in RTE after publish

Hello All,

I have several macros that when I add them into the editor they look fine and then once I publish the page, the yellow dotted outline turns into gray dashed lines and when I view the html of the editor I see the generated html table structure the macro outputs instead of the macro tags.

The data displays correctly but if I add items I have to remove the table and re-add the macro to get the added items to show in the page.

Is there some kind of setting that changes this behaviour?

I am using 4.0.2.1.

Thanks.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Oct 09, 2009 @ 09:03
    Kim Andersen

How does the macro look on the frontend? Does It look fine?

If you have set a mark in the "Render in Editor", then your macro will be rendered in the richtext editor as well as on the frontend, after you have saved your page.

But what's in your macro. Is it a table and all that stuff?

Oct 10, 2009 @ 23:22
    radmanmm

Hey Kim,

Yes it looks fine when rendered other than if I update the nodes it does not show the new nodes unless I remove the html and add the macro back every time.

The "Render in Editor" is set, and it does render in both places the problem is that the macro code goes away after the publish is selected and all that is left is the actual html that the macro generates.  In other words the little yellow dotted outline goes away and if I click on the html it does not recognize the code is from the macro, the code (table stuff) is just directly in the editor.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Oct 12, 2009 @ 23:12
    Kim Andersen

Hmm...well that sounds kind'a weird. I'll give you that :)

But what does your macro do?

Nov 09, 2009 @ 15:33
    radmanmm

renders an html table.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft