Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert Martine-McEvoy 24 posts 109 karma points
    Oct 28, 2013 @ 20:54
    Robert Martine-McEvoy

Default Administrative User UserType changed - need to undo

We have an Umbraco 6.0.5 site where our default "Administrative User" (UserId:0) was accidentally changed from the "admin" UserType to a custom UserType (I know, I know...).

We can still log in as "Administrative User" but because it is now a custom UserType, we cannot change the UserType of itself back to "admin"

Our other admin UserType accounts can't even see "Administrative User," which after looking at the source code, looks quite intentional.

We wanted to just directly update the "userType" column in the umbracoUser table on the Umbraco database. But I know direct Umbraco database updates are not advised (and with good reason).

Should this be a safe operation a or can anyone here give some better solutions?

Oct 28, 2013 @ 21:13
    Robert Martine-McEvoy

Additionally I saw the advice in this thread actually advises updates to the UmbracoUser table. Is there anything specific to updating the UserType column in UmbracoUser table that would make updating in the database not advisable?

Thanks! -Robert

Oct 28, 2013 @ 22:05
    Robert Martine-McEvoy

We successfully updated the UserType on the database back to the original admin user type, only catch was we needed to Recycle the AppPool before the changes were applied.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft