Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mazwi 2 posts 22 karma points
    Oct 31, 2013 @ 11:56
    Mazwi

Rich-text Editor Returns error: Incorrect TinyMCE configuration

Hi, 

I am using Umbraco 6.1.2, I tried to allow my rich-text editor to use specific css properties. After I have made those changes on the rich-text editor data type all my content page nodes with a rich text editor returns this error:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
       System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +14365689
       System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +305
       umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration) +901

[ArgumentException: Incorrect TinyMCE configuration.
    Parameter name: Configuration]
       umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE..ctor(IData Data, String Configuration) +5861
       umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.tinyMCE3dataType.get_DataEditor() +123
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.AddControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String cap) +145
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.LoadPropertyTypes(IContentTypeComposition contentType, TabPage tabPage, Hashtable inTab, Int32 tabId, String tabCaption) +360
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +710
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +189
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +51
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +186
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +189
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1231
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +186
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2098

I have tried to revert back to how originally the settings were and that still deosn't fix the problem. When I change the 'property editor' option to something else particulaly into a 'textbox multiple' it works but obviosly that deosn't function as that of a rich-text. Please help I need to finish this project as soon as today.

Thank you. 

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Nov 04, 2013 @ 11:20
    Alex Skrypnyk

We have the same problem.

Thanks

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Nov 05, 2013 @ 12:55
    James Drever

I got this error just now having created a custom data type based on the rich text editor.  I found the error went away by going back into the data type and re-saving it.  Guessing you may already have tried this, but just in case!

• Bongani Sithole 1 post 22 karma points
    Nov 05, 2013 @ 17:11
    Bongani Sithole

Depending on which version of Umbraco you are using you might experience the issue and here's what is causing this problem - Any datatype you edit/update is modified on the database table called "cmsdatatypeprevalues". In our case we updated a RichText editor and the error appeared, I then checked the values that were saved on the database see configuration values below. On our system, when you edit the Richtext editor datatype, there was an exception at the bottom of the page and the exception caused by a height textfield not rendering on the page, as a result when you change the configuration of the richtext datatype the only value that was saved back on the system was the width textfield and the height textfield was omitted. Now what happens is that umbraco.editorControls.dll is expecting both width and height integer values (|500,400|) to be present on the below string configuration, if not you will get a format exception. On our side the configuration only had (|500,) without 400 so umbraco was trying to convert and empty value to an integer value.

unlink,mceinsertanchor,mceimage,umbracomacro,mceinserttable,umbracoembed,mcecharmap,|1|1,2,3,|0|500,400|1049,|true|

Hope the above explanation helps, let me know if you still having issues or you need more clarity.

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Dec 03, 2013 @ 13:05
    Laurence Gillian

Can the above be marked as the solution?

• Mazwi 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 03, 2013 @ 13:22
    Mazwi

Yes it is the solution, though not nessessarliy a complete solution but more like a workaround because in my case; when I have changed something on rich-text editor datatype I then need to repalce ,400 next to 500 so that "Width and height" input will be 500,400 then save and everyhting will be fine. I seem like my CMS fails to retrieve ",400" back to the input whenever i open the datatype.  

• David Tregoning 63 posts 236 karma points
    Jan 24, 2014 @ 17:29
    David Tregoning

I had a similar issue with v7 where I kept getting an error saying:

the requested url returned error 404
    /umbraco/UmbracoApi/Stylesheet/GetRulesByName

The issue was that I had deleted the style sheet before detaching it from the Rich Text editor, by looking in the database as Bongani suggested I saw the name of the stylesheet and recreated it (it did not need any actual content).

Then I went to the properties of the rich text editor and the style was already marked as attached. So I detached it and problem was solved. I then deleted the empty stylesheet.

Of course you may be getting a different error to me, but that may help

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft