Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Inx51 54 posts 107 karma points
    Nov 13, 2013 @ 15:33
    Inx51

How do I change my avatar image in the top of the menu in Belle/Umbraco 7?

Hi!.. The title says it all.. I have noticed that the image in the top of the menu in belle/umbraco 7 is supposed to be my avatar.. however.. Im not sure where to change the image to my personal avatar (upload a new image).. is this even possible..or am I stuck with the star-faced-avatar? Please guide me to the location where I can change this..

Br, Inx

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 13, 2013 @ 16:16
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Inx,

I just tried setup a test site with Umbraco 7, and the avatar image in the top of the menu is the one that you are using at the at http://www.gravatar.com. So you can change the image there.

But it will also change the image all other places where you are using Gravatar.

Keep in mind that it can some time before the image changes after you have changed it on http://www.gravatar.com (5-10 mins)

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Inx51 54 posts 107 karma points
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 00:27
    Inx51

Okey, How is this synced? Is Umbraco trying to fetch the avatar from gravatar thats associated with the currently umbraco-logged in users email?.. or how does this work?

Nov 14, 2013 @ 08:14
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Inx,

Umbraco fetch the avatar from gravatar thats associated with the currently umbraco-logged in users email.

So if you changed the users email, it will be another image in the in the top of the menu for that user.

/Dennis

• LeszekP 27 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 18, 2015 @ 14:14
    LeszekP

Who design it that way? I cannot get it.

Jun 19, 2015 @ 11:41
    Dennis Aaen

Hi LeszekP,

I am not 100% sure what you mean by Who design it that way? I cannot get it. Could you be a bit more specific, then I think it easier for people to give you a good answer to this.

/Dennis

• LeszekP 27 posts 78 karma points
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 14:12
    LeszekP

Hi Dennis,

First - it is a CMS used for business, but anyway.. I think the avatar/client logo should be configurable in user profile like: username:.. password: email: logo (in top , left corner): pick image...

then as extra option: or use gravatar service to provide image for you.

Additionally: on http websites image is not downloaded using HTTPS, but insecure http.

• MuirisOG 382 posts 1284 karma points
    Jun 19, 2015 @ 12:14
    MuirisOG

Hi LeszekP, I found an answer from a very helpful person on the post below:

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/50367-HTTPS-Backoffice-loading-unsecure-content-from-Gravatar

Just be careful because it gets a wee bit technical.

• Walter 8 posts 79 karma points
    Apr 07, 2017 @ 19:00
    Walter

I see this is an old post. I would have to agree with LeszekP on asking "why was this designed like this?"

I'm having an issue with using Gravatar as well. Using Umbraco as a CMS in a corporate setting wordpress is blocked by the corporate firewall. Plus asking each person who would use it to set up an account with wordpress.com, just to get their picture to show up is a little far from being seemless.

It isn't going to happen as the business isn't going to allow it. Plus they wouldn't get the activation email from wordpress anyway. (its blocked)

Seems a shame that there isn't an over ride or option to upload a photo to the user profile which already exists.

Strange there isn't something already there.

• blackhawk 313 posts 1368 karma points
    Sep 18, 2017 @ 18:39
    blackhawk

I would like to replace the personal email / icon reference with a logo of the business. With the latest version of Umbraco, from Visual Studio...

• Is there an API we can tap into to override this gravatar logic? The business using this site does not have a single email address that represents a gravatar icon. I would prefer to upload or call the business logo icon and place it there instead.

• Or what folders / files must we modify to replace that avatar with a static jpg icon?

Many thanks in advance!

• Marten Renkema 5 posts 75 karma points
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 13:29
    Marten Renkema

Hi,

I support above point. Would like to be able to upload an avatar/user-image in the user profile.

Thanks, Marten

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Oct 11, 2017 @ 14:00
    Kevin Jump

Hi

with Umbraco 7.7 you can change and upload an image in the User Management section

you go to the user, and on the right hand side you get

enter image description here

and you can change the picture.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft