Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Magnus Söderlund 19 posts 79 karma points
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 07:56
    Magnus Söderlund

Picker Relations in Umbraco 7

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i didnt know which one to choose.

I found that using relations is a way to solve some problems i've been having. I've been looking at this guide:http://24days.in/umbraco/2012/who-picked-this and i've got things working in an Umbraco 6.* instance but i cannot find the Picker Relations property editor when im trying to create a datatype in Umbraco 7... Also i cannot install uComponents which is also required but that is another problem.

Any ideas on what might be wrong here? Broken install or has it been removed? Is there some new way to achive the same thing as the guide without using a picker relations property editor?

Thanks in advance.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Nov 26, 2013 @ 12:38
    Jeroen Breuer

Umbraco 7 is still missing some datatypes like the Image Cropper and it's probably also missing the Picker Relations. It might be added to 7.1.

Jeroen

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1281 posts 3991 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 21, 2014 @ 07:38
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Anyone who knows if there are plans for adding Picker Relations as property editor for Umbraco 7?

/Bjarne 

• Ulrich Wagner Gade Ebsen 127 posts 277 karma points
    May 31, 2014 @ 01:12
    Ulrich Wagner Gade Ebsen

Hi,

You can use the nuComponents datatype XML PrefetchList Picker... set it to filter out whatever you want, and bind it to a relation type - works brilliantly.. ;)

/ulrich

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 07, 2014 @ 14:27
    Hendy Racher

Hi,

Just to confirm, the nuPickers package contains everything required to be able to implement "Who Picked This?" in Umbraco v7.

All the pickers (except the Enum ones) have built-in support for Relation Mapping (previously this required a separate MultiPicker Relations property) whilst the Relation Labels property editor is essentially a rename of Relation Links from uComponents.

HTH,

Hendy

• Murray Roke 503 posts 966 karma points c-trib
    Dec 03, 2014 @ 23:36
    Murray Roke

I found problems with the 'picker relation' control in that if the relation is made NOT using the picker then next time you open & save the node then all the relations are deleted (since there's nothing "picked"), If I could get this to 'load' from the relations table/api rather than the property I think it would work.

I am trying to get this sorted on umbraco 6.1.6

Note:for umbraco 7 I see there are these potential solutions:

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft